Armed Forces Cycling Mission
- Identify elite military cyclists to compete at the national and international level
- Make a positive contribution to military recruiting and public relations through positive representation of the Armed Forces.
- Contribute to worldwide cooperative security initiatives by representing the U.S. Armed Forces in worldwide events under the International Military Sports Council (CISM) motto of “Friendship Through Sport”.
- Win international military cycling medals.
2013 Armed Forces Cycling Team
The U.S. Armed Forces Cycling Team is accepting applications from military athletes to participate in the 2013 Military World Championships (CISM) that will be hosted by Belgium, September 2-6.
A maximum of eight men and five women will be selected to represent the U.S. Armed Forces in the road race and a maximum of five men and three women in cross country mountain bike. Athletes must be exclusively available for Team activities August 23–September 7.
Athletes who are active duty military, guard, or reserve may apply for selection consideration.
Applicants must complete:
1. The appropriate sports application for the respective Service branch by July 10.
The application process for each Service branch can be found on the Armed Forces Sports web site: http://armedforcessports.defense.gov.
2. The U.S. Armed Forces Cycling Standard Application spreadsheet.
Send service branch application and spreadsheet to service branch sports office.
Send spreadsheet to debra@ArmedForcesCycling.org.
Full team selection procedures (last page is specific to the 2013 CISM Championship event)
For additional information, contact Debra Ponzio via email at debra@ArmedForcesCycling.org
Follow military cycling on Twitter:
Sign up for our email list by sending an email to
Interested in sponsoring the team? Please contact us for information.